• Show
Clear All

• Currently at 347'000 errors and counting

Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_14908-20160217_0210481700891104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	35264

Just wanted to know if this could be for real or if there's some error with the software? I'm currently using UEFI with MemTest86 6.3 running the stock test.

There's a couple of pictures included. I'm unable to save any files currently as this is the only computer I have, and it's BSODing all over the place.

Any helps appreciated
    Attached Files

A combination of blue screen screen errors and MemTest86 reporting RAM errors is pretty conclusive. You have a hardware fault.

There are no bugs like this in the current release of MemTest86.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      A combination of blue screen screen errors and MemTest86 reporting RAM errors is pretty conclusive. You have a hardware fault.

There are no bugs like this in the current release of MemTest86.
      Thank you David, it's currently reached 1.7 million errors and, having used the software before, I just couldn't believe there were that many errors.

Keep up the good work man

Comment

when you say a hardware error are you meaning his RAM or general hardware failure. I too am getting frequent BSODs and my eror count is up to 12,500 and still going with a few on test #1 and #2, 200 in #3 then going into the thousands after that. Not sure if I need new memory or a new computer

Comment

Errors can be caused by the RAM, motherboard, the RAM slot or the CPU.
          Or even by external factors such as high temperatures, dust and dirt on connectors, corrosion, electromagnetic interference or cosmic radiation.

But most of the time it is the RAM that is bad, and that should be what you replace first.

Comment

Working...
          X