Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange mouse problem

Hi!

Last night i started a test, after a few hours i touched the mouse and notice this virtual when i moved around the mouse.

The test was still running for a total of 17 h and ended without any error.
    Im not sure if its a bug or a problem?
    Thanks.

We haven't seen this issue before.

If it happens every time I would say it is a UEFI BIOS bug.
    If it wasn't easily reproducible, then it might be the result of a bit flip in the RAM, corrupting the BIOS code.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      We haven't seen this issue before.

If it happens every time I would say it is a UEFI BIOS bug.
      If it wasn't easily reproducible, then it might be the result of a bit flip in the RAM, corrupting the BIOS code.
      Thanks for reply.
      should you be able to use the mouse at all?
      I can try to reproducible when i have some free time.

Comment

The mouse should only be available in the main menu. Once the test starts, MemTest86 is in "console" mode so only the keyboard can be used.

It's possible that in your case the UEFI BIOS failed to switch between the two modes properly.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
          The mouse should only be available in the main menu. Once the test starts, MemTest86 is in "console" mode so only the keyboard can be used.

It's possible that in your case the UEFI BIOS failed to switch between the two modes properly.
          Ok
          The mouse in main menu is showing in the midle of the screen but im not able to use it.

Edit: is it safe to run memtest for hours and hours, i mean can i do damage to the components like heavy cpu/gpu (linpack etc) stress test?

Edit2: i run memtest86
          again, and this time i got 2 error
          Last edited by robalm; Mar-31-2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X