Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought Memtest86 Pro, but it runs version 4...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought Memtest86 Pro, but it runs version 4...???

Hi all...

I bought Memtest86 Pro, and burned the ISO onto CD.

When I ran the CD at boot, up came Memtest86 version 4!

Anyone know what's going on here? Am I missing some trick to make my pro license work?

- Tim

EDIT: I just read the README in the ISO, and I see that I have to boot it using UEFI boot. Sadly, my motherboard won't allow UEFI booting from the SATA port that the CD drive is attached to. Feh.
    Last edited by tbessie; Apr-21-2016, 06:21 AM.

The MemTest86 Pro feature set can be fully taken advantage when running on a UEFI-enabled system from a bootable USB drive. Although CD/DVD boot is supported, features such as the configuration file, disk logging and test reports is only available when booting from writeable media such as a USB drive.

Both the MemTest86 Pro and Free images are dual boot, meaning that if the system does not support UEFI the legacy MemTest86 v4 shall boot instead.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      The MemTest86 Pro feature set can be fully taken advantage when running on a UEFI-enabled system from a bootable USB drive. Although CD/DVD boot is supported, features such as the configuration file, disk logging and test reports is only available when booting from writeable media such as a USB drive.

Both the MemTest86 Pro and Free images are dual boot, meaning that if the system does not support UEFI the legacy MemTest86 v4 shall boot instead.
      Thanks for clarifying. I also wrote to support, but then wrote again explaining my mistake. It was definitely a little confusing at first.

- Tim

Comment

Working...
      X