Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to save log when asked to save log.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to save log when asked to save log.

I've had recurring problems with 6.0.3 not being able to find the SPD information of the RAM being tested. This seems to happen with Mac Mini systems.

When I try to see the SPD info, and 6.3.0 can't find any such info, I get a message asking me to save a log file and upload that to you. But, when I try to do exactly that, I get a message saying that saving logs is only available in the Pro version. So I'm asked to do something I'm then not allowed to do.

I accept that there will be features in the Pro version which aren't in the free version. But, how about special-casing this particular scenario so I can save log files to send you when the free version specifically asks me to?

Mac systems seem to have a mechanism that prevents the RAM SPD modules from being accessed using the normal method. Unfortunately, we don't have access to the internal specs of Mac systems which would allow us to determine how the SPD info is being retrieved.

The log file is actually automatically saved to the USB drive regardless of Free or Pro version. You can find this file (MemTest86.log) under the EFI\BOOT\ directory. Report files (which are different from the log file) can only be saved in the Pro version.

Comment

Working...
    X