Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemTest with overclocked RAM

Hello,

i tried to use MemTest86 to check whether my overclocked RAM works, but it only detects the XMP profile.

I'm using a MSI Z87-G43 Mainboard with two 8 GB RAM sticks. In the BIOS (newest update) i set the DRAM Frequency to 2400 MHz and disabled the XMP profile. This setting works fine in Windows but when i boot with MemTest86 6.3.0 from USB stick it only detects the XMP profile with 1866 MHz.

Is there anything i could do?

Greetings

The RAM timings that are displayed in MemTest86 are the static timing specifications supported by your RAM modules; it does not display the timings that are actually set in the BIOS. So regardless of what you set in the BIOS, you will see the same timings in MemTest86.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

The memory clock (1866 displayed, 2400 set) is a static value, too? There was a value about 25000 MB/s, this was calculated from the "wrong" clock because it should be over 30000 MB/s. Don't know the values name anymore, it is displayed on the system info page i think.

Comment

The clock speed is what the RAM is rated at, as set by the manufacturer. So any overclock frequency is not reported.

But the benchmark figures (in MB/sec) are run at whatever speed the CPU and RAM are running at. MemTest86 doesn't change the clock speed of the CPU nor RAM.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

For the sake of completeness i want to clarify that the value i mentioned is the bracketed number after "Total Physical Memory".

Comment

Working...
          X