Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer - problem with rams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer - problem with rams?

Hi. So first my pc.

My rams are Kingston Hyperx 16gb 2x8 DDR4, 6700K,Asus Z170-P, SSD Crucial Bx100 256GB and Windows 10.

Everytime i am opening some application which is fine and opening. But on event viewer i get : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 errors. Applications are opening fine but windows 10 reporting this as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 in event viewer.

If games not crashes and i have that logs in event viewer do something, or leave it alone?

I have that radar errors in event viewer almost everytime when i am opening some game or benchmark , thats all. But not crashing.

Example from BlackOps3:

Like i said i dont have crashes , but only that warnings on event viewer. Thats all. Should i worry? Something with rams, ssd? Should i check memtest86 or that will be waste of time?

I googled it for you.

RADAR errors are from the Microsoft memory leak detection technology built into Windows 7 and later.

A memory leak is the result of a coding bug. Memory gets allocated by software and then not released due to the bug, often in a loop of some type. So if the leak is bad enough, eventually the system will run out of RAM and maybe crash, or swap to disk and dramatically slow down.

Quiting the offending application will release the leaked memory however.

So this event message does not indicate a hardware fault. It is purely a software bug.

Comment

Yes but why sometimes GTA V.exe, 3dmark.exe ,not only Black Ops 3,and other apps trigger that entry in event manager. ??

Comment

Maybe they all have bugs, or they share some common component that has bugs.

Comment

I have only informative entries in the event viewer . Not any warnig or errors. Only informative entries like on screen.
          And they appear on event viewer when i am launching,starting some application. And no crashing during games, all is stable and i dont have crashes. It just making information entry in event viewer about RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 .

Is necessary to test our memtest86 or that will be waste of time?
          Last edited by sew999; Jul-20-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

There is no harm in running MemTest86 to test the integrity of your RAM though it won't solve the RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 events you are seeing.

Comment

Somebody said that this RADAR events can be related to : bad rams, faulty ram slot, bad mobo or bad cpu controller . Is this true or dont believe to this?

What is our opinion? Its hardware or just software?

GTA V.exe, 3dmark.exe and Black Ops 3 trigger that entry in event manager in my pc.

Comment

Working...
              X