Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max adress range

Hello together,

does the memtest 6.3.0 automatically set the max range of available ram or nor ?

I have a Asus H97 Pro Gamer Mainboard with the newest firmware from the support side of asus.

https://s31.postimg.org/3vif21v63/IM...720_172446.jpg

I have made a test over 7 cycles, everything was right.

I think the installed ram should be working.

BR
    Mathias

Yes, MemTest86 attempts to test all free RAM, by default. But you can manually set the range if you want.

Note that on a modern computer the available address space can be fairly fragmented and other hardware can be "mapped" into the address space. So the addresses actually tested might not be exactly what one might initially expects.

Comment

Hello David,

thanks for answer.

So the addresses actually tested might not be exactly what one might initially expect.

That means if i test with 7 cycles, i could have Errors, but the Programm does not find it ?

BR
      Mathias

Comment

Yes, typically 1% to 5% of the total RAM is locked by BIOS services, boot services, another mapped hardware and by MemTest86 executable code. So it is impossible test 100% of the RAM.

MemTest86 has a function to display the memory map, so you can take a look at it yourself if you want.

There are also some examples in this post talking about the memory map.

Comment

Working...
        X