Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add support for .vhd and .pbd

Hello folks,

OSFMount is really awesome! I would like to request you to add support for the following fomats in OSFMount:

1)Virtual Hard Disk (.VHD)
    2) EaseUS DISK Image Format (.PBD)

Those formats are very commom and have a good users database (me included), so I think they would be a nice addition to OSFMount database.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Yes, it would be nice to support the .VHD Virtual PC format.
    Never heard of EaseUS, so it can't be all that common.
    But we'll make a note to have a look at them for a future release.

Comment

Hello folks,

Dear passmark, thank you for your answer and attention! I am glad that you know and plan adding support for .vhd format into OSFMount.

But, as you didn't know the .pbd format I would like to explain it a bit more. EaseUS, Paragon, Macrium and a few others are the major players in the drive imaging and backup market. EaseUS offers a good freeware software for drive imaging/backup, so it is spreading fast (Source: www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging-program.htm).

That said I think it would be a good addition to OSFMount to support not only .vhd and .pbd formats, but also the other drive imaging/backup formats introduced by Paragon, Macrium etc. It would make OSFMount a more widely used application and would improve its usability.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Comment

We use Macrium at lot in house. It makes .MRBAK and .MRING files. Not .PBD files. At least not by default.

I have never used Paragon's software, but Google seems to say it uses a proprietary format with the .PBF extension. Which I am assuming it also not .PBD.

So I am not sure if this is a strong argument. You are saying that .PBD is an important format because the major commercial products don't use it? Or at least don't use it by default.

Comment

Hello folks,

Dear Passmark, you really didn't got my point. I think I was clear enough in my argumentation. Please, read it again.

Well, the main point was: I think its is important to support all the disk image formats introduced by major drive imaging/backup applications.

I think it's clear enough now, isn't it?

Best regards,

Aeolis

Comment

OK. I thought you were making a case for the .PBD format, which we hadn't heard of.

Yes, I agree it would be nice just to support everything that was in use.

Comment

Working...
            X