Encase Mounting Error OSFMount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encase Mounting Error OSFMount

I'm trying to mount a EnCase image size is about 110GB and is spread in files E01 to ECV (173 split files, ~650MB)

When I try to open with OSFMount is reports the E01 file as "Raw Image" and does not mount a valid disk.

I suspect this could be a 32-bit Windows problem? Does anyone know if this problem would go away with a 64-bit host?

Has OSFmount been tested with an image this large?

Thanks for the info. It may be because of the large number of split files. We'll test it out on our side and keep you updated.

Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith.

I installed a 64-bit client to try it out. I had more luck but not total success:

Disk Size reported incorrectly inside OSFMount as 698.9GB for two different images of different sizes (so I suspect a bug)

Disk Image is correctly identified as "EnCase" format this time (was not in 32-bit mode)

Disk mount is unrecognized file system in Windows Shell - I guess the incorrect disk size of 698.9GB is effecting the mounting of the file system?

Comment

We are thinking there might be a bug that we only support file names with numerical splits.
        E01 - E99.
        We will let you know.

Comment

Looks like EnCase goes like this once it hits .E99:

EAA, EAB, EAC, EAD, EAE, EAF....

Hope this helps (and thanks for your fast replies)

John

Comment

John, I've sent you a private message regarding gathering some more debug info.

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X