Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSFClone making destination drive unreadable by Windows after capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFClone making destination drive unreadable by Windows after capture?

I'm having a bit of an issue lately with OSFClone (version 1.1.1001) lately. The way we operate is to do a full Drive Image in EWF format to a removable drive, then copy the image post-capture to a storage directory.

I format the source drive as NTFS and have tested that prior to the image capture it can be seen and works on a Windows system. Post capture, when I attach the drive to the windows machine, it comes back with a message that the drive must be formatted to work. The removable drive cannot be opened as it says it is "corrupted".

Am I possibly missing a setting somewhere? I honestly do not think this is the drive in question. I have had this behavior or multiple drives from different manufacturers. Perhaps I need to format the destination differently?

I'm having a bit of an issue lately with OSFClone (version 1.1.1001) lately.
    Are you saying that it worked correctly before with OSFClone (version 1.1.1001)?

I format the source drive as NTFS and have tested that prior to the image capture it can be seen and works on a Windows system.
    Do you mean destination drive instead of source?

Am I possibly missing a setting somewhere?
    If you are using an removable drive as the destination drive, you should make sure drive is properly ejected or the system is shut down before disconnecting the removable drive from the system. There may be pending writes to the drive may not get flushed until it is correctly unmounted. With this said, OSFClone should unmount the destination drive when it is done imaging, are there any error messages?

Comment

Working...
    X