Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainbow tables in osforensic Usb

Hi,
    i want to know in where folder i have to copy the rainbow tables in a osforensic usb version.

thanks...

For a normal install (not a USB install):

On Vista, Win7, and Server 2008, this would typically be the following folder (you may need to enable viewing of hidden directories to see it or enter it directly into the Explorer address bar):
    C:\ProgramData\PassMark\OSForensics\RainbowTables

On XP and Server 2000/2003, it is typically something like this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PassMark\OSForensics\RainbowTables

For a USB install:

When you create a USB install there will be a folder in the USB install directory called AppData, which for the USB install acts as a substitute for the normal windows Application Data folder. In this folder is another folder called Rainbow Tables which is where you should place the tables.

It is also worth noting that many USB flash drives have very poor read write performance when small blocks are read / written at random. (4KB random write speeds of 0.1MB/sec are not uncommon). So a rainbow table password search that might take 1 hour on your desktop might take 4 hours+ from a USB drive (depending on RAM available for caching).

Comment

in appdata i have this folders:ReportTemplates,SysInfoTools,Temp and zoom but not Rainbow Tables
      can i create this folder and copy into the tables

Thanks

Comment

Yes, it needs to be 1 word,
        \RainbowTables

Comment

Working...
        X