Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSForensics V4 1002 64 BIT Crashes during "Recent Activity"

Hello good sirs,

For some unknown reason, running "Recent Activity" on my laptop causes OSForensics v4 1002 64 bit to crash every time.

Crashes did not occur with this same OSF version about one month ago, so perhaps something changed on my laptop?

Other normal case activities do not cause OSF to crash, only "Recent Activity".

I looked for a crash log but could not find one. If there is one I will be happy to send it to you.

NOTES:

I ran the 32 bit version and running "Recent Activity" does NOT crash OSF 32 bit version.

I did get the following two error messages running "Recent Activity" with 32 bit AND 64 bit versions of OSF:

"An error occurred reading IE information, Error: Couldn't create a temporary shadow copy of IE 10 database file"

"An error occurred reading Edge information, Error: Couldn't create a temporary shadow copy of IE 10 database file"

** [EDIT} I just installed the OSF V5 Beta and ran "Recent Activity": no crashes (which is good!) but OSF V5 Beta still gave "An error occurred reading Edge information, Error: Couldn't create a temporary shadow copy of IE 10 database file". Interestingly OSF V5 Beta "Recent Activity" did NOT give an error about reading IE information, just the aforementioned Edge error.....

Here are my laptop specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name BEAST-3
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20ENCTO1WW
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_20EN_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad P50
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO N1EET41W (1.15 ), 12/31/2015
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
    Last edited by Unallocated Clusters; Apr-20-2017, 11:05 PM.

Could you please launch the V5 beta in debug mode, run the recent activity scan to reproduce the error and then send us a copy of the log file that is created.

Comment

OK - I sent the log file to your info@passmark.com email address.

Comment

Working...
      X