Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wkhtmltopdf error - cannot export PDFs to report - Unable to run wkhtmltopdf plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wkhtmltopdf error - cannot export PDFs to report - Unable to run wkhtmltopdf plugin

I cannot export to PDF - thank you for your assistance.

REPORT SELECTION
    Case Report - Printer Friendly [HTML + PDF]
    Generate PDF Copy in Output Location

ERROR
    Unable to run wkhtmltopdf plugin
    Plugin exceeded execution timeout. HTML file may be corrupted or invalid.

Is the HTML part of the report being generated correctly?
    Could you please email us a copy of all the files created for the report.

Also can you supply the system information for the computer you are using (CPU, RAM, etc..)

Comment

I am having the same issue with generating a PDF report Tim (PassMark). I get the same error. I have the most recent update as well. It will create the "Chain of Custody form" without issue, but nothing else.

Comment

Just wondering if it was really a timeout.
        How long did it take top produce the error?
        How big do you think the PDF report will be (number of pages)?
        Can you supply the system information for the computer you are using (CPU, RAM, etc..)?

Comment

David (PassMark) It was maybe a minute or so before the message. I am not sure how large the PDF would be, if I print it from an HTML without java it says 1200. I am using the OSF software and the image file on a VM with 16G Ram, 4 processors.

Comment

Correction it took about 3-4 minutes to throw the error Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	120
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	53541

Comment

David (PassMark) It does appear the html did not complete before the error, I opened the html and saw that it is only partially complete (not even a full page).

I DID successfully create the 144 page PDF of the "Case Activity Log" without issue.
              Last edited by CyberTex; Sep-18-2022, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Could you please try running OSForensics in debug mode, running the report and sending us the debug log that is generated.
                If possible could you include the HTML page that isn't being generated too as it sounds like this may be the root cause.

Comment

Working...
                X