Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature requests

Hi all
    if there is not yet an "official" place for requests about desired features in OSF
    i was thinking this thread could be used to post any idea/wish that users want
    to share. I think discussing about this could give Passmark some good tips about
    new features to include in the next releases.
    Ok i start.
    I'm dealing at the moment with a case that involves 26 seized computers (and
    it's not unusual to have these numbers) so i can see some issues with the product
    usability.
    1) with any hd having two or more partition it's really annoying being forced to
    index any partition separately and to give any partition index a unique name;
    i think it would be VERY nice to have the chance to say to OSF "index this entire hd image"
    under just ONE INDEX NAME.
    Maybe OSF could continue to index any partition separately (hiding this detail to the user)
    and present the search index results like this:
    "hd_image_name\partition1\user\xxxx\desktop\file1. xyz"
    "hd_image_name\partition2\user\xxxx\documents\file 2.abc"

2) even better would be to have something like a "case index" (some kind of group index)
    so that we can make only ONE index search and find results from any media/image added
    to the case, with results path that could be presented this way:
    "case_name\hd_image_name\partition3\user\xxxx\docu ments\file.xyz"

Would like to hear from others about this.
    Greetings.

Thanks for the suggestion. We had a similar request last year, and at least indexing multiple partitions into a single index makes sense.

Searching multiple indexes is a little more tricky as there might be duplicates.

It is on our to do list but we haven't got to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FQuerceto View Post
      Hi all
      if there is not yet an "official" place for requests about desired features in OSF
      i was thinking this thread could be used to post any idea/wish that users want
      to share. I think discussing about this could give Passmark some good tips about
      new features to include in the next releases.
      Ok i start.
      I'm dealing at the moment with a case that involves 26 seized computers (and
      it's not unusual to have these numbers) so i can see some issues with the product
      usability.
      1) with any hd having two or more partition it's really annoying being forced to
      index any partition separately and to give any partition index a unique name;
      i think it would be VERY nice to have the chance to say to OSF "index this entire hd image"
      under just ONE INDEX NAME.
      Maybe OSF could continue to index any partition separately (hiding this detail to the user)
      and present the search index results like this:
      "hd_image_name\partition1\user\xxxx\desktop\file1. xyz"
      "hd_image_name\partition2\user\xxxx\documents\file 2.abc"

2) even better would be to have something like a "case index" (some kind of group index)
      so that we can make only ONE index search and find results from any media/image added
      to the case, with results path that could be presented this way:
      "case_name\hd_image_name\partition3\user\xxxx\docu ments\file.xyz"

Would like to hear from others about this.
      Greetings.
      ...excellent suggestion...

Comment

I would really like a way to save RAMDisk images upon dismounting using OSFMount's CLI. You can mount an .img file, but dismounting it required the GUI. This way I can have both startup and shutdown scripts automatically run. Thanks.

Comment

I think it could be a nice feature to give user a way to create custom indexing lists.
          I would like to have the chance to create, alongside the existing "Internet", "Mail" etc ..,
          some custom lists including any number of file extensions and to save these lists assigning
          each one a unique name to recall them when needed.

Comment

Working...
          X