Osfmount.COM doesnt mount iso without first mounting iso in the gui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osfmount.COM doesnt mount iso without first mounting iso in the gui

I'm using osfmount that is directly installed on a pc windows 7.
    When i mount an iso using the command line, it gives an error that osfmount isn't working.
    After i start the gui osfmount.exe and mount and demount an isok, the command line work as it shoulld.

Probably something is created at the startup and mount of the gui, that is nessesary for osfmount.com. I really like to know how to overcome this problem without starting the gui.
    I'm trying to mount and iso end the application in an appv package, that is distributed to a few pc's (osfmount is installed localy) And i dont want to have to go to all the pc's that i install this way.

Chris.

Had a closer look, the first time works from de cmd prompt, but not when the first time is is started from an app-v application.

Chris.
    Last edited by Droopyb; Aug-30-2012, 12:12 PM.

Originally posted by Droopyb View Post
    I'm using osfmount that is directly installed on a pc windows 7.
    When i mount an iso using the command line, it gives an error that osfmount isn't working.
    After i start the gui osfmount.exe and mount and demount an isok, the command line work as it shoulld.

Probably something is created at the startup and mount of the gui, that is nessesary for osfmount.com. I really like to know how to overcome this problem without starting the gui.
    I'm trying to mount and iso end the application in an appv package, that is distributed to a few pc's (osfmount is installed localy) And i dont want to have to go to all the pc's that i install this way.

Chris.

Had a closer look, the first time works from de cmd prompt, but not when the first time is is started from an app-v application.

Chris.
    OSFMount requires a device driver to work properly, and needs to be installed on the local PC. Not too familiar with App-V, but when OSFMount first mounts a disk, it needs to be able to install the local driver (OSFMount.sys) into the local PC. This requires administrative privileges. App-V must be able to support this for OSFMount to run properly.

Comment

Figured is out finaly.
      OSFMount start a osmout service, start is started when you mount as iso.
      When started from an app-v application, this fails.

Solution was to install osfmount and trigger a custum action to start the service.
      So when the appv is mounting the iso, the service is already running.

Thanks and greetz, Chris

Comment

Working...
      X