Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error creating virtual disk - End of file

Good evening,
    I have just installed OFSMount because I have created an image of an external HD on another external HD and I would like to mount a virtual disk using the image, with extension .dd, which I have created. Unfortunately, when I click on "Mount new", after I have selected the .dd file that I want and after I have set the other parameters (in the attached picture) the system returns an error: "Error creating virtual disk - End of file". I have looked for a solution to this problem but I wasn't able to find anything. I have no experience with this software and the creation of virtual images of HD, so maybe I am making some mistake. I was following an italian tutorial, but now I am not able to go on.

Thanks,
    Dario

The file offset value might be wrong. Where did the value 250,100 come from?
    Can you try the option to "Mount all partitions" instead.

Comment

Thank you for yuor answer.

I have set the file offset with a quantity just a little bigger than the size of my external HD, that is 250GB (its image is around 244 GB). However, I have tried to set it with a bigger value, but the error is the same. Moreover, I am not able to select "Mount all partitions", since it is disabled. If a click on "Select..." the system returns a warning: "No partitions were found on the image file. The entire image file shall be used as the disk size".

Comment

Try a file offset of zero then. I don't think using any other values makes sense.

Comment

Working...
        X