Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Generation including all extracted metadata

Gents,

I have created a case using OSF v.5.2.1002 of one Word file, two PDF files and 167 JPG files.

I would like to generate one single Excel file report with all possible metadata OSF was able to extract from the above 170 files; it would be ok to have two separate Excel file reports, one for the documents and one for the JPG photos as well if that is easier to generate

For example, when I look at the JPG files in the file viewer, I see a huge variety of EXIF metadata; I need an Excel file report with all of the EXIF and other metadata OSF was able to extract from the files.

As background, these 170 files are trial exhibits and the question arose regarding when and who and what device took the 167 JPG photos.

Ideally, I would be able to generate one giant Excel file for all 170 files, which I could then sort oldest to newest on data fields, for example.

Thank you for continuing to develop a great product.

Step1:

When adding files to the Case it is possible to include all the EXIF data. There is a check box for this. See below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	EXIF-report.png Views:	1 Size:	135.3 KB ID:	41475

Step 2:
    Then when you create the report check the "Extra information" box to include all the EXIF data in the report. See below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Report-Extra-Information.png Views:	1 Size:	95.7 KB ID:	41474

This allows for generation of a HTML report and a PDF report with all EXIF data. Including image thumbnails. It doesn't output directly into Excel however.

Comment

And a bit of additional information:
      Excel 2016 can open HTML files and it can open the report.html file that OSF creates.
      HTML to Excel conversion doesn't do a very good job with the formatting however. Main formatting problem seems to be the sizing of the thumbnail images. It also doesn't get the data tabulated in a convenient way to sort data into columns.

Getting it tabulated nicely wouldn't be all that easy unless every image at the same source. EXIF data is really varied. Some images might have no data at all, others might have just a few fields and still others might have dozens for fields.

Comment

David,

Your instructions worked perfectly. The report was a success with my client. Many thanks!!

Comment

Working...
        X