Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting drive image (dd) with 2 partitions possible only for first partition???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting drive image (dd) with 2 partitions possible only for first partition???

When I select the image file it gives two options:
    - Use entire image file
    - Primary partition 1

First option doesn't work because Windows cannot handle two partitions as one virtual drive.

I think that it should automatically mount as many virtual drives as image contains partitions and/or all available partitions should be listed for manual choice.

From time to time you might want to mount the entire drive, as there might be might be data stored outside of the partitioned space.

OSF can still read the drive (e.g. in the raw disk viewer) even if Windows doesn't know what to do with it.

Or are you saying you believe that there was more than 1 partition on the drive, and the mounting option only displayed 1 partition?

Comment

Yes, there are two partitions in the one single image file and I have no option to mount separately the second partition.

Tested with two other image mounting software and no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by goced View Post
        Yes, there are two partitions in the one single image file and I have no option to mount separately the second partition.

Tested with two other image mounting software and no problem.
        If possible, can you send the first 1MB of the image file to help[at]passmark[dot]com? We think there may be an issue with interpreting the image file's partition table.

Comment

Requested file sent to above email.

Comment

We have found and fixed the problem. We were incorrectly excluding some partitions based on what initially looked like invalid data in the partition table.

The solution is available now in the stand alone version of OSFMount,
            http://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-disk-images.html

It will also be included in the next V2.0 beta release. (Probably next week).

Comment

Thanks David and Keith.

Comment

Working...
              X