How to detect multiple partitions with OSFMount command-line interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to detect multiple partitions with OSFMount command-line interface

I'm using OSFMount to mount images via the command-line interface (via software, not with a user necessarily in front of the screen). Any time I try to do this on an image that contains multiple partitions, OSFMount simply mounts the first partition. What I would like to do is run a command to detect/list the partitions in the image; afterwards, I can run the proper commands to mount each partition and deal with the contents.

Is there any undocumented feature in OSFMount that will do this? If not, is there an undocumented method to mount all partitions in an image that we can then iterate through?

The best workflow I can come up with is to always use the -v option and iterate from 1 to 8 until I receive the output "Error: Partition # is not defined".

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Paul Wendt View Post
    I'm using OSFMount to mount images via the command-line interface (via software, not with a user necessarily in front of the screen). Any time I try to do this on an image that contains multiple partitions, OSFMount simply mounts the first partition. What I would like to do is run a command to detect/list the partitions in the image; afterwards, I can run the proper commands to mount each partition and deal with the contents.

Is there any undocumented feature in OSFMount that will do this? If not, is there an undocumented method to mount all partitions in an image that we can then iterate through?

The best workflow I can come up with is to always use the -v option and iterate from 1 to 8 until I receive the output "Error: Partition # is not defined".

Thank you for your time.
    Currently, OSFMount doesn't have any options to list the partitions of an image file. I can see that it would be a useful feature, along with a 'mount all' option. We have noted it down as a possible new feature for a later release. However, we can't provide a time frame as there are higher priority projects at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Hi Team,

does above requested feature available in current version of OFSMount ?

"to list the partitions of an image file and a useful feature, along with a 'mount all' option."

Thanks

Comment

Not yet. We only mount the entire image using physical emulation if there is no partition number is specified.

-v partition
        Specifies which partition (1-based) to mount when mounting a raw hard disk image
        file containing a master boot record and partitions.
        You can specify '#' to automatically select the first detected partition.
        If this option is not specified, the entire image shall be mounted using physical emulation.

Comment

Working...
        X