Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting multiple partitions as writeable

Hello

I try to mount an image with 2 partitions under Windows 7. Generally, this works fine. But if I uncheck the option «Read-only drive», I get «Error creating virtual disk». It seems that I am not able to mount multiple partitions as writeable. Does anybody know if my assumption is correct or what I am doing wrong?

Additional information: The image was created from a Compact Flash Card (2 partitions) with dd for Windows. I need the writeable option because creating another image is part of a Continous Integration (a lot of work done by our Build Server).

Thanks for help
    Patrick

Originally posted by pen View Post
    I try to mount an image with 2 partitions under Windows 7. Generally, this works fine. But if I uncheck the option «Read-only drive», I get «Error creating virtual disk». It seems that I am not able to mount multiple partitions as writeable. Does anybody know if my assumption is correct or what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks for that. We were able to reproduce this issue as well. It seems to be related to Windows file sharing permissions as the same file is opened twice for writing (one for each partition). The first mount is successful but the second mount fails due to the file already being opened from the first mount. We need to look into this further and is most likely just finding the right combination of flags that will allow the same file to be opened simultaneously for writing.

Comment

We believe we have fixed the issue in our new pre-release build:

http://www.passmark.com/ftp/osfmount_x64_v1.5.1014c.exe

Comment

Hi Keith

I have tested the pre-release with the image mentioned above and it seems to work. Many thanks for this prompt and useful help.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
        X