Android Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Phone

I cannot get OSF to see the device to Image even after hitting the refresh button. Phone is in Debug mode through Developer Options, I have unplugged and plunged in the device. Can anyone assist me?

Thank you

Can you check the following:
    • Verify adb.exe can be found in the Program Files install directory: C:\Program Files\OSForensics\adb
    • If it is, can you provide the output (screenshot or copy/past text) from running the command "adb.exe devices -l" in a command prompt from the above directory. We are parsing the output from this command to obtain available devices.

Comment

Possible workaround from another user:

If there is already another instance of adb active on the system, it may prevent OSForensics from calling and obtaining connected devices. adb acts as a server and as such the other active instance may be intercepting calls. Restarting the machine or manually shutting down the existing adb instance may allow OSForensics to work.

Comment

It could also be a USB connection type issue. When you plug in most Android devices to a Windows computer, you will typically be prompted as to what type of connection you would like to make with the computer. Sometimes, you will need to experiment with the different options as I have experienced difference results with different manufacturer's handsets. Some phones may connect well using adb via the MTP setting, and other phones need a different setting to connect, such as PTP. (See attachment for example.)
        Attached Files
        - Jeff S.
        PassMark Software

Comment

Richard, Thank you for your reply, I have Osforensics on a thumb drive and desktop but not in my program files on my PC. do i need to install Osforensics on my PC directly?

Comment

I tried Jeff's approach and nothing seems to appear in the drop down after i hit refresh to identify the device. This is my first attempt with a phone. I see the phone show up on my PC but not through the software.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shickman View Post
              I tried Jeff's approach and nothing seems to appear in the drop down after i hit refresh to identify the device. This is my first attempt with a phone. I see the phone show up on my PC but not through the software.

Can you provide the output from adb.exe when issuing the list devices command? See original reply.

Comment

Working...
              X