Mounted dd image windows 10 saids not accessable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted dd image windows 10 saids not accessable

Earlier this year my one hard drive was dying on me so i ended up creating a image of it using testdisk to create the image. The img is dd.img format. For months i been looking all over google how i can be able to mount the image I tried many times to get testdisk to open the dd image but it keeps coming up as no partitions found during the scan. Then i came across osfmount and i am having issues viewing the image after i mount it. I followed the steps and whenever i click the drive letter it choose for me windows 10 is coming up drive is not accessible something about the image or drive is corrupted. I am mounting the dd.img off the usb hard drive where it sits.

Is this issue cause by trying to mount the image cause by my usb 3.0 hard drive? Does osfmount have a problem mounting images off a usb hard drive? All i want to do is view the image and get my data off onto a new drive. Is this possible can it be done?

There is no problem with USB drives.

What filesystem is used on the image? If it is a *nix filesystem (Linux, Unix), Windows will not be able to access the contents.

If the image is really not corrupted, then you can use OSForensics' internal "File System Browser" instead to access the files. Within OSForensics, "Add Device", "Add the Image", and then you can browse the contents within File System Browser module.

Comment

Before my drive died when i created the dd img was a ntfs format drive. ill give osf forensics a try. I am new on how to open a dd image and setting the filesystem. I think before i created the image the drive may of had bad sectors i do remember it kept saying read errors but testdisk created the dd img ignoring the the read errors and maybe bad sectors to. It took a day and a half for testdisk to create the img. The usb drive where i have it stored has no bad sectors or read errors.

Comment

Working...
      X