OSFCE training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFCE training

Has anyone taking the training course? If you did did you find it valuable? How long is the course?

I took the online course. It was one of the first Digital Forensics classes I had taken at that point and I thought it was helpful.

I think it took me a 2 or 3 days to go through it, but to be honest it was so long ago I don't really remember.

Comment

Hi. Hopefully I can shed some light on the online training course. We are actually wrapping up the recording of a brand new course. The current course's content is only around an hour or so in total length from the different sections, plus PDF files of the slides used in the videos. It's a decent basic introduction to forensics and overview of some of the core features in OSForensics. The new course will be around 8 hours in length if following the course from start to finish. It's hard to gauge however, how long people will spend on exercises. The new online course will feature the same PowerPoint slide content as our live, instructor-led 2.5 day course. So you're getting much of the same slide content as featured in our live course but in a self-guided online format. The new course will feature more on teaching you about how to use OSForensics and covers basically every feature and aspect of the tool, instead of teaching you "forensics". If that makes sense. It will be an incredible value for the price, plus you'll get access to any new course updates for 12 months following the purchase of the course. We should wrap up all recording for the new course this week then will need to do a little editing before we get it online and ready to go. I'll try and post an update here when it is available. Thanks, Jeff S. - PassMark Software
      - Jeff S.
      PassMark Software

Comment

Jeff,

Nice class... it is like the program... so much value for a small price. I have been using Encase and FTK since '06 and including going through both online and in-person training classes. I prefer online. Your online training program is a fraction of the cost and just as good... The big boys better watch out. You can't beat the value you all offer with OSF...Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the nice feedback. When you compare all the actual useful features, versatility and speeds alone, I think this tool is almost impossible to beat. Then factor in the price advantages and it's a win-win situation anyway you look at it! We're able to keep reasonable, affordable pricing as we don't carry the massive overhead many large companies have.
          - Jeff S.
          PassMark Software

Comment

Working...
          X