OSF command Line option to mount OS image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSF command Line option to mount OS image

I am trying to load a dat file (windows OS image, partition 23 for acpi, 28 for Main os) using command prompt but its not working

osfmount -a -m E: -o hd,rw -t file -f "C:\OSFMount\MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat"

I dont find a way to give partition #, the command mount a E drive, which ask to format. I am expecting a driver with either ACPI or Main OS content. I also tried by renaming to .img.

I can do the the same using GUI but not through the cmd line. What is wrong with my command. Please help

Originally posted by ashishucr View Post
    I am trying to load a dat file (windows OS image, partition 23 for acpi, 28 for Main os) using command prompt but its not working

osfmount -a -m E: -o hd,rw -t file -f "C:\OSFMount\MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat"

I dont find a way to give partition #, the command mount a E drive, which ask to format. I am expecting a driver with either ACPI or Main OS content. I also tried by renaming to .img.

I can do the the same using GUI but not through the cmd line. What is wrong with my command. Please help
    You can specify the partition with the '-v n' option where n is the 1-based partition number.

Currently, only 8 partitions are supported but this will be fixed in the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by keith View Post
      You can specify the partition with the '-v n' option where n is the 1-based partition number.

Currently, only 8 partitions are supported but this will be fixed in the next release.
      But even with partition 1, it says Format Drive? instead of showing the content on the mounted drive?

Comment

But even with partition 1, it says Format Drive? instead of showing the content on the mounted drive?
        I tried with http://www.passmark.com/ftp/osfmount_x64_v1.5.1016a.exe, which supports 256 partitions. but even with this command line didn't work:

I installed this version and here is my finding:

With GUI:
        Choosing the
        Source->Image File
        Image File-> MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat (GUI recognized it as RAW Image)
        Ask for choose Partition, I select 23
        GUI recognizes the partition as size 16384 offset 167936 (both in blocks)
        I chose driver letter E: and HDD and unchecked the read only

Result: It successfully mount the content on E:\ driver (I can see ACPI folder etc, similarly with Partiotion 28, I can see all the mainOS folders)

With Command Line:
        OSFMount -a -m E: -v 23 -o rw,hd -t file -f MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat

It mount E: with No content and Ask a prompt "You need to format the disk"

Tried to give the size and offset along with the -v 23 option:
        OSFMount -a -t file -v 23 -o rw,hd -f .\MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat -s 16384 -b 167936 -m e:

it says "Error: Partition table not found."

Why it works with GUI and not with CMD Line, Am I giving wrong command line parameters? Can you suggest the correct one.

Comment

With Command Line:
          OSFMount -a -m E: -v 23 -o rw,hd -t file -f MMC_FLASHMEM1.dat

It mount E: with No content and Ask a prompt "You need to format the disk"
          The "-v" option is 1-based, so you will need to specify "-v 24" for the partition labeled as "partition 23" in the GUI.

Comment

Working...
          X