Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Automate Mounting and Saving Image File of a RAM Disk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRHL View Post
    Now the bad news: osf has no autostart option - neither for the RAM disk itself nor for the temp variables. And that led me to this thread.
    Interestingly, the command line arguments did not work. It only showed the help instructions how to use the command line arguments. I tried the arguments mentioned here (copy + paste) and also some variations.
    It made no difference whether a batch file was used or Win+R or cmd or PowerShell (admin or not).​ A pity.
    Windows already has built-in options that allow OSFMount to be started automatically. Placing a batch script in the startup folder (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup​) and setting up a task in Task Scheduler worked ok.

What command line arguments were you trying to use? If its showing help instructions, it might mean that the arguments may be incorrect.

Comment

I just made a copy/paste of
      osfmount.com -a -t vm -m #: -o format:"RAM Volume" -s 1G

Nothing happens - besides that the syntax is shown. Here is a screenshot of cmd-admin:Click image for larger version

Name:	osf_cmd.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	56289
      I tried a few changes, e.g. "- s:" and "-s 12G", but no success either. The RAM disk that was used for CrystalDiskMark was created using the app osfmount.exe.

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      There are a bunch of command line arguments you can use with OSFMount to mount an image from the command line.
      They are all documented in the Help file (Which you can get to from the "Help" menu).

Some examples,
      Mounting a empty RAM disk and format

osfmount.com -a -t vm -m #: -o format:"RAM Volume" -s 1G
      Mounting an image file as a virtual drive

osfmount.com -a -t file -f C:\passmark\images\vmdk_split.001 -m #:

Comment

Looks like the sample command in that post was missing a argument in the format option, it should be this instead:

osfmount.com -a -t vm -m #: -o format:NTFS:"RAM Volume" -s 1G

Original post with the examples has also been updated.

Comment

Working...
        X