Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFMount: Need drag&drop mount and WinExplorer context menus

I appreciate OSFMount but miss two features:

1.) I would like to mount a certain *.iso file by just dragging it onto the OSFMount window.
    This action shozuld AUTOMATICALLY mount the *.iso file to the next available drive letter

2.) When starting OSFMount (from USB flash drive) it should AUTOMATICALLY add a new Windows Explorer context menu entry to all *.iso files:

mount as drive

When exiting OSFMount (later) this context menu entry should be removed automatically.
    Similarly a "dismount" context menu entry should be added to all virtual drives.

Can these features be added in the next release?

Thank you
    Peter

Drag and drop is on the to do list. But as with most free software, there are budget restrictions.

When running from a USB drive, it doesn't make sense to make permanent changes to the system (like changing file associations). If you are doing a full install however this makes sense.

If you wanted to fund the development of these changes we could certainly make them a higher priority.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      When running from a USB drive, it doesn't make sense to make permanent changes to the system (like changing file associations). If you are doing a full install however this makes sense.
      I am not talking about a PERMANENT change but a TEMPORARY change during the time the USB flash drive is inserted in port.

This TEMPORARY change could either be automatically (when OSFMount is started and later stopped) or MANUALLY by a menu. For the latter have a look at the context menu handling of the famous, free 7zip archiver:

http://www.7-zip.org/

It allows such a manual enabling/disabling of context menus entries.

Thank you
      Peter

Comment

Working...
      X