Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report Emails

Good Evening Everyone
    Looking for some information on how I could possibly export my indexed emails in a case file to a folder as they need to be converted to tiff and Bates stamped.
    Kinda of new to this.
    Thank you for any help anyone could give.
    Paul

There is no automated way to do convert to TIFF in the current release of the software.

Roughly how many E-Mails do you need to convert to TIFF?
    Do you need the full content of the E-Mails converted or just a summary list?
    What about attachments to the E-Mails?
    What format are the E-mails in at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      There is no automated way to do convert to TIFF in the current release of the software.

Roughly how many E-Mails do you need to convert to TIFF?
      Do you need the full content of the E-Mails converted or just a summary list?
      What about attachments to the E-Mails?
      What format are the E-mails in at the moment?
      Hi David Thank you for the response back

I already am able to convert and stamp the emails with another program.

I just really need a way of getting the emails out of the index as a complete email in text.

Thanks

paul

Comment

What tool are you using for TIFF conversion, as it might help other users?

In OSForensics, after you have added E-mails to a case, they are converted from whatever Email format they were in (.PST, .MSG, etc..) into Text / HTML / XML format.

The folder used to store the files is this folder by default.

C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\PassMark\OSForensics\Cas es\<CASE_NAME>\Emails\<UNIQUE_FOLDER_ID>\<UNIQUE_E MAIL_ID>

For each E-mail the following files are created.

<UNIQUE_EMAIL_ID>.txt
        <UNIQUE_EMAIL_ID>_header.txt
        <UNIQUE_EMAIL_ID>_index.html
        <UNIQUE_EMAIL_ID>_index.html.OSFMeta
        <UNIQUE_EMAIL_ID>_menu.html

The .txt file is the main body of the E-mail.
        The _header.txt file is the E-mails header (normally mostly hidden)
        The _index.html and _menu.html files are just a tiny bit of HTML to present the text files in a more readable format.
        The _index.html.OSFMeta file contains the meta data for the E-mail in XML format. Like the name of the source file, SHA1 hashes, and some other details.

So the two text files are probably the ones you want.

Note: Adding E-mails the case is a little slow at the moment. We are working on improving the speed.

Comment

In case anyone else was looking for a similar solution, Bates Express was the tool used.

Comment

Working...
          X