Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot mount VMDK with VMWare library but OSFMount can

Hi everyone,
    I have a problem mount VMDK with VMWare library https://developer.vmware.com/web/sdk/7.0/vddk.
    I then use VMware to create a virtual machine and add the VMDK to. But I cannot run the virtual machine, VMWare said corrupted VMDK or snapshot dependency missing
    I thought the original VMDK is corrupted until I used OSFMount. OSFMount can mount my VMDK.
    Anyone can tell me how OSFMount can mount the VMDK even VMware cannot? (no folder .lock indicating VMDK is locked)
    Thanks

Magic !!

No. We don't know.

Would need to make a examination of the VMDK file. And it is unlikely we want to spend too much time pondering why our software is working beyond reasonable expectations. Might be a better question for VMWare, why their library doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      Magic !!

No. We don't know.

Would need to make a examination of the VMDK file. And it is unlikely we want to spend too much time pondering why our software is working beyond reasonable expectations. Might be a better question for VMWare, why their library doesn't work.
      Thanks David.
      May I know if OSFMount uses VMWare VDDK to mount vmdk files? Or OSFMount uses own technology to mount vmdk?

Comment

Working...
      X