Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSFCLONE: $MFTMirr does not match $MFT record (24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFCLONE: $MFTMirr does not match $MFT record (24)

Just started using OSFClone, and find that I cannot mount any ntfs created by Windows 10. Since that's where I want to write my image file this is kind of a show-stopper. I even went back and verified the ntfs in W10 - no issues. To my surprise this was a reported issue with ntfs-3g circa 2018:

- Current ntfs-3g also does not support NTFS created by Windows 10. It reports "$MFTMirr does not match $MFT record (24)" when mounts.
    ProblemType: Bug
    DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
    Package: ntfs-3g 1:2017.3.23-2
    ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-24.26-lowlatency 4.15.18
    Uname: Linux 4.15.0-24-lowlatency x86_64
    NonfreeKernelModules: wl
    ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
    Architecture: amd64
    Date: Fri Jun 29 23:47:43 2018
    SourcePackage: ntfs-3g
    UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

Maybe OSFCLONE doesn't get updated that often? If so, an update would probably address a number of ntfs-related issues.

Thanks!

We aren't using Ubuntu. We are using Porteus, which doesn't get updated as often. We pulled in the current release, V4, not so long ago, April 2022. But I see a V5 was released a couple of month after that, So it might be due for an update. We'll take a look.

Comment

I wasn't able reproduce the issue with the current release of OSFClone (V1.3.1001). I was able to use OSFClone to write an image to an USB Drive that was formatted on Windows 10 with NTFS File System. I tried formatting the drive to different allocation sizes and had no issues.

I do see mention online of "$MFTMirr does not match $MFT record (24)" error with Windows drives that have hibernation/quick start enabled. Is the drive you are trying to write the image to being used as a storage drive only? Or it may be something specific to your system setup.

Comment

We updated OSFClone to Porteus Linux V5, released as OSFClone V1.4.1000. You can find the download package on the product page here.

Comment

Working...
        X