Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSFMount: unable to choose "Write cache" mode on a ramdrive with latest 3.1 r1001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFMount: unable to choose "Write cache" mode on a ramdrive with latest 3.1 r1001

Hello

it seems with latest version 3.1 r1001 "Write cache" write mode (.osfdelta) on an Empty ramdrive is not available. I tried several different options but only Direct mode is available.
    I'm using Win10 21H1.

Thank you..

I believe that this is correct behaviour.

From the help file: 'Write cache mode preserves the data of the original image file by storing all writes to a separate write-cache file (.osfdelta).'

For a empty RAM drive, there is no image file being mounted so option to select 'write cache' mode is removed/hidden.

Comment

Ok, so I created a fresh new RAM one, filled it a bit, stored the image on the default raw img file format,
      unmounted it
      remounted it as a disk image as RAM, but this time with the created .img file and not as new
      but I'm still unable to have this option available ???

As you said the docs says:
      Write mode

Specify the write mode to use when mounting as read-write. Write cache mode preserves the data of the original image file by storing all writes to a separate write-cache file (.osfdelta). Direct mode modifies the image file directly.

Use existing write cache files (.osfdelta)

Specify whether to use any existing write cache files when mounting the disk image file.
      So when is this Write mode option available ? This time I had a read-write ramdrive, from an image file.

Comment

Write cache mode is enabled if mounting a disk image file normally (not as a RAM drive) and with Drive Emulation set to Physical Disk Emulation.

Comment

Working...
        X