Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFSMount wc option create a cache file

Hi

I tried to mount an E01 with ro option (OFSmount.exe -a -t file -f path -o ro) but it give me an error and suggestion, that E01 has some MBR issue, mount it using wc option, if i used to mount it using wc option (OFSmount.exe -a -t file -f path -o wc) it mount the E01 correctly but created a raw file with same size as E01, if I have an E01 of 1TB then it creates a raw file of 1TB.

Issue is:

It created the raw file next to E0. if the drive is write protected or low disk space then I need to copy it to some other drive, is it possible to give an option where to store the raw or cache file?

Thank you
    --Aqeel Haider

Is the E01 you are mounting a image of the whole disk?
    Or is it a single partition? If so, try mounting with Logical emulation instead:
    osfmount.com -a -t file -f <filepath> -m #:

>created a raw file with same size as E01, if I have an E01 of 1TB then it creates a raw file of 1TB.
    How long did it take to mount? It would normally take some time to create a 1TB file

Could also try mounting the E01 through the GUI instead

Comment

I'm mounting it as a whole disk. cannot mount as logical emulation because i don't know how many partition the E01 has currently. Mounting is ok and speed is also fine,

> How long did it take to mount? It would normally take some time to create a 1TB file
      The issue is if the drive is write protected on which E01 located, and i mount using wc command it fails, and there is no way to specify where the cache will be saved, can you give some option in which i can specify the path of the cache file?

> Could also try mounting the E01 through the GUI instead
      I have a small java app, which i use for some other purpose, need to mount the E01 in that app to search file etc.

Comment

Working...
      X