Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OSFMount driver version mismatch for Windows 7 in recent builds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSFMount driver version mismatch for Windows 7 in recent builds?

Hi,

When using physical disk mode in Windows 7, the error message for me in both CLI and GUI is:

"The version of the OSFMount Driver (V1.0.0006) installed on this system is not compatible with the version of this control program (V1.1.0000). Please reinstall OSFMount to make sure that all components of it on this system are from the same install package. You may have to restart your computer if you still see this message after reinstalling."

Poking around, I noticed the osfdisk driver files for Win 7 have modification dates of 2021, which mismatches the 2023 modification dates on the files in the "win10" folder as well as the OSFMount.com.

However, I was able to download a working 2021 version (3.1.1000 I think) via the Wayback machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210313...s/osfmount.exe

So I have a working copy for Windows 7 now, but due to space constraints it's difficult to pack separate best-versions for Win 10 and Win 7.

(I know ~10 MB, but it's a tiny storage medium for multi-decade resilience...).

But the changelog doesn't show anything _critical_ since 3.1.1000, so it's probably no big deal.

Thanks for your time,
Working...
X