Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key.dat doesn't work

Hi Everybody,
    we have just pruchased MonitorTest. Now I want to add it to our testing procedure, but it seems the key.dat file doesn't work.

I have created like documented every where:
    User Name
    Key

I used the same key to fill it into the registration form during setup and it works. Does anybody have an idea what tha problem is?

Thanks for quick reply

Malte
    Last edited by malte; Jul-02-2007, 08:40 AM.

At present MonitorTest does not support the use of key.dat files.

Comment

That's bad news. I planned to create a Test CD containing nearly all Passmark Test Applications.
      So the application is useless for me, because I can not enter License key to customer Computers. And I have created a batch run, that asks the tester to look for dead pixel, than starts Teststcreen

When do you plan to integrate this key.dat function?

Comment

The key.dat functionality is only included in a few of our applications. At present there are no plans to include it into MonitorTest.

Comment

So is there a way to get our mony back.
          We can not use this application.

The key.dat function is announced on most applications, it was not clear that MonitorTest doesn't support it.

Comment

We never claimed to support this feature for this product as far as I know. Where was this announced?

Giving a refund is no problem if for some reason the product doesn't work as advertised.

We will add this to our 'to do' list, but as we just made a new release of MonitorTest, we don't have a date for the next release at the moment.

Comment

Hi Ian,
              I just double checked you are right, it's announced nowhere. But as most of your application support this feature I thought MonitorTest also does. We're not allowed to install software on customers machines, so we need to run all test applications from USB-Key or CD-ROM.

I have created a large testing suite for Laptops based on BurnIn test and we're very happy with it. As our customers want us to do more tests, I decided to add MonitorTest to this suite also to avoid dead pixel. All I need to do is have the 3 basic colors plus white and black running from a batch file. Entering the licensing information cost us too much time, as all units need to pass one testing desk. I need to call the colors and than ask the tester if everything was OK.

So I'm very disappointed with that software.
              Never the less I will add PerformanceTest, ModemTest and Keyboard test to this test suite. For monitor I need to go back to NTEST and call the colors by mouse. Needs more People training, but still more timesaving than entering licensing infomration manually.

Comment

Hi There,
                are there any news in using the Keyboard Test with the key.dat file?

As we're testing notebooks, we need to bring the software to the devices not the device to the softwate.

Regards
                Malte

Comment

Working...
                X