Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Error 3

Hi Everybody,
    I get Setup Error 3 when I try to run Keyboard test with the key.dat file.

I tried to re-install 3 times now and it's still the same problem. I have netered the key kode to the registration form after setup and everything is fine, but as soon as I move the application to the Machine I want to test, I get this error.

It seems the folder that contains the testapplication is always write protected, no matter if I use the the setup procedure or copy the files to e manually created folder. It's always the same problem.

Thanks for fast reply.

I assume this problem is in fact related to our KeyboardTest software? What O/S are you using on the machine that is having a problem?

Having a write protected program files directory make me think it is Vista?

Does it work without the key.dat file? What do you have in the key.dat file?

Comment

Hi Ian,
      I'm currently working on WinXP home/pro (german) not Vista.

Yes without the key.dat it works, in DEMO mode.

In the file I have:
      User Name
      License No.

Both received by eMail from your sales.

Malte

Comment

Any news? Should I upload my key.dat somewhere?

Comment

The current version of KeyboardTest does not have the key.dat functionality. However there should be a new release in the next week that enables it.

Update: KeyboardTest now supports a key.dat file for portability. This key.dat file needs to be created in the same folder as the KeyboardTest executable file. It is a text file with 2 lines in it. The first line is the User Name and the second line is the License Key, which you get following a purchase of the software.

Comment

Does the current availabel Version include the key.dat feature? I didn't find a changelog.

Malte

Comment

Working...
            X