windows v bios codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows v bios codes

Hi there. I am trying to setup a keyboard which has mutimedia keys on it. i can test all the keys with with the bios mode but when i try to test the media keys ith same key is highlighted. not the rest unless i change to windows mode. the code i have is ""VK_BROWSER_STOP",0,"Browserstop","true","KTSTATU SUP",0,101,26,29,10".
    so how can i set it up so that i don't have to ke changing mods.

All so i cant seem to set a euro key that i have on my keyboard. i have tryed the "COMPOUND" way but can not seem toi get it to work.

..test the media keys ith same key is highlighted. not the rest unless i change to windows mode.
    You description of the problem is not all that clear.

There are a number of special keys that are used by the operating system for various purposes. In general it is not possible to use KeyboardTest to test these keys. The list of special keys will vary from keyboard to keyboard but includes. PrintScreen, Sleep & Power. There is a 2nd group of keys that can be detected by KeyboardTest but which also result in other actions (like opening a Window or application). On most keyboards only the left and right Windows keys fall into this category. Using the Filter systems keys feature can help to tests these keys in some circumstances.

""VK_BROWSER_STOP",0,"Browserstop","true","KTS TATU SUP",0,101,26,29,10"
    The status constant should be a single word, KTSTATUSUP

You have defined a OEMcode code of 0. Is this really what your keyboard sends? It would be surprising?

I think it is unlikely that the keyboard is sending a compound key for the Euro symbol. It should be be matter of reading off the OEM code and Windows code from the Keyboardtest display.

Comment

hi passmark.

sorry about that it was 'KTSTATUSUP' not 'KTS TATU SUP'.

1. when i have a tick in the bios part of the Match key code, i press the browser stop button the key is marked off but when i press the browser home button the browser stop button is marked again not the home button. But when i have a tick in the window part of the Match key code all the right buttons are marked. the keyboard i am trying to set up is this one http://www.ceratech.co.uk/cpages/key...kyb-saturn.htm. what need is to stay in bios mode.

2. the keyboard is this one http://www.ceratech.co.uk/product_im...c260u-usb2.jpg as you can see there is a stand alone euro key(€) the software said 'num lock on alt 0n 1n 2n 8n num lock off'. so i need a compound key set up for it

thanks

Paul

Comment

We don't have examples of these keyboards to test with. Nor a copy of the keyboard layout file you have created.

For problem 1) I suspect you might have an error in your layout file.

For problem 2), it seems like an odd way to implement a key on a keyboard. ALT-0128, just results in the operating system displaying the ASCII value 128 (decimal), which is the Euro. I haven't done the research but I would have assumed that by now there is a dedicated BIOS scan code for the Euro and tricks like this are not needed. I think this trick would fail in many non English languages.

But if this is what your keyboard does, then I agree, you need a compound key to test it. So I think it should work, but to be fair I am not sure if we ever envisaged compound keys with Num lock toggling in them.

Comment

Working...
        X