Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up and minimize (Sys Tray)

Hi,

I've recently purchased BattMon for my Laptop.

A simple Q for you.

When BattMon starts it's always displayed on the screen even though in the config I've asked for it to start in the System Tray.

Any idea's why it isn't?

Thanks

Hi,

The option "Minimise to system tray only" doesn't affect the behavior of BatteryMon when it is started, it changes the way BatteryMon reacts to being minimised (for example by clicking the minimise button).

If you want BatteryMon to automatically run and minimise when Windows is started you can create a shortcut to the BatteryMon executable and place the shortcut in the Windows startup directory. Right click on the shortcut and go to Properties. Select the "Shortcut" tab, there is a dropdown box called "Run:", change this from Normal Window to Minimised and click OK/Apply.

You will need to uncheck the "Run BatteryMon at start up" option in the configuration settings otherwise 2 instance of BatteryMon will be started when Windows starts.

Alternatively you could also choose to use the "Start mini BatteryMon when run" and "Show icon in system tray" options and this will start with the BatteryMon icon in the system tray and the mini window displayed.

Comment

The REAL Solution

Hey,

It is really sad that such a basic thing as having this program startup and run only in the system tray isn't available yet. I really love this program, and I can't wait for that feature to be added.

In the meantime, I have developed a workaround that doesn't require any really intrusive software. Here is what you do:

1. Get this program called Trayconizer from here http://www.whitsoftdev.com/trayconizer/
      2. Copy it into your "Program Files" directory into a folder called "Trayconizer."
      3. Add the following line to your registry (as a new string value) in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Settings\Run:
      C:\Program Files\Trayconizer\Trayconizer.exe -minimize C:\Program Files\BatteryMon\BatteryMon.exe

Be sure that you have selected "minimize to tray" in the config for Battery Monitor. What you'll have now are two icons in the system tray . . . one for the Battery Monitor Main Window and the other is the Battery Indicator.

Comment

I don't see how this is a better solution than the one already offered? How is downloading an additional application, that needs to run all the time in the background, and then editing the registry better than creating a shortcut?

----
        David

Comment

Working...
        X