Battery Overcharging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Overcharging?

I just got a new battery for my ASUS laptop. The laptop kept shutting down long before the battery was dead (20-30%). I contacted the company and they gave me BatteryMon as a potential fix to the problem. (I'm not sure how, but that was their first suggestion so I went ahead.)

I fully charged the battery and started BatteryMon, which gave me this information:

design capacity 48400
    full charge capacity 46145
    current capacity 75812
    164.3% charged

after removing the battery to see if it was hot, the full charge capacity reading changed to 76219. Since that has changed, the percentages are running equal to the Windows battery monitor (100% and below). Should the full charge capacity be greater than the design capacity? Having more juice sounds nifty, but also dangerous. Is this a program glitch? A possible battery glitch? Gremlins?

Thanks,
    sean

BatteryMon is a monitoring tool. While it might report some information that leads you to a solution (e.g. replacing a battery), it doesn't attempt to fix anything itself.

The numbers reported are from the battery pack itself. Modern battery packs have circuity to measure charge level.

Doesn't make any sense to me that full charge capacity can be greater than the design capacity. Might be a sign that the new battery pack was not originally designs for that model laptop. But I can't say for sure, as a don't know.

Comment

Working...
    X