Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmitting parameters to ModemTest.exe

Hi,
    I can launch ModemTest.exe from the command line. However, I can not transmit parameters to it. I tried the following Example: ModemmTest.exe /l 3
    Here /l 3 is the switch for local diagnostics and Com 3.

Thanks in advance.

-peter
    Last edited by rejto12; Nov-27-2016, 04:25 PM.

We have discontinue support & development on our ModemTest application as of May 2012.

I do note there is a typo in your comment however, "ModemmTest.exe"

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did some more experiments and I have a piece of good news to report. Specifically, modemtest.exe does save the parameters after running the configuration tab. In other words, after running this tab, there is no need to transmit these parameters via the command line. This is a very nice workaround.

This leaves only the name of the . log file parameter that I can not control. This is really a technicality.

I also have a hunch, that contrary to the on-line help file, in win 7 the command line parameters just do not work.

-peter

Comment

We aren't aware of any Win7 issue. If it is a critical issue for you, we would consider doing paid consulting on it to bring it out of retirement. Could be an expensive prospect however as finding some dial up modem hardware and a working analogue phone line is getting pretty hard nowadays.

Comment

Working...
        X