RamMon will not run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RamMon will not run

I just purchased and installed RamMon and it will not run. When I go left click and execute the program I get the following error: "Unable to load DirctIo driver. unexpected error. This happens each and every time, even when I try to run it as an Administrator. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The error can happen if you are running the 32bit version of RAMMon on a 64bit system.

Did you install this to your hard drive and are you running it from the Windows start menu?

If it was installed correctly then the entry in the Windows start menu should point to the 64bit version of the software, RAMMon64.exe (when installed on a 64bit system).

Comment

Thanks for your response. I did not see a choice between 32 and 64 bits for downloading RamMon. I was executing a shortcut placed on the desktop during installation. When I went to the start menu it ran with no problem. I then deleted the shortcut on the desktop and created a new one by sending a shortcut to the desktop from the start menu. Go Figure. But now the program runs and thanks for your help.

Comment

There is no choice in the download. The download contains both the 32bit and 64bit. During installation the start menu is setup to point to the right .exe file. So your shortcut is likely pointing to the wrong file or is setting the wrong current folder.

Comment

Working...
        X