Passmark KeyboardTest assistance!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark KeyboardTest assistance!...

Hello to you all. I'm new here but just recently downloaded Passmark KeyboardTest. I'm trying to make a .kbl file for a Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard and is having some difficulty to add in the multimedia keys for testing. I do also intend to upload it here for others to use. Can you please help me to sort it out. I'm a newbie to this and don't quite understand the way to set it up. I already got the Function keys in place and working my way down but I just need a little help with the multimedia keys. I've uploaded the files for you to see what I've already done. Here are the files at this link.
    www.mediafire.com/?g73da7ge2eioq3g

I'm on day two of this great application. Thank you all.

EDIT: I also need the Insert/Print Screen and the Pause/Scroll Lock keys along the same row with the Function keys.
    Last edited by Errol; Jul-11-2012, 11:01 AM.

I don't have this keyboard handy.
    But in general the process would be to note down keycodes for the missing keys and then add some new lines to the layout file corresponding to the keys.

However some key presses are not always passed back to high level applications. The key press might be intercepted by the operating system. Power control keys (like sleep and power off) are examples of these type of keys. The keyboard device driver installed might also change the behaviour of certain keys in some cases. In principle however the media keys should behave like any other key on the keyboard.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback David. Yes the keys are registering when pressed and I also see the codes that is shown when registered. However I'd like to know where do I place the lines? Do I place them at the very top of the .kbl file seeing that all the Multimedia keys are on the top of the kb? Or do I place it to the bottom of the .kbl file?

I also see you have for each Function keys starting on each line e.g. "VK_F1",59,"F1","false","KTSTATUSUP" Can you give me a little explanation as to what the VK stands for? The reason I'm asking that is to know what to place in a similar way to the Multimedia keys. Thank you in advanced and for your patience.

Comment

Should not matter where the lines are in the file.

VK = Virtual keys.

There is a list here,
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/libr...edded.60).aspx

Comment

VK = Virtual keys.
          Thank you very much David I should have known. And thank for the link.

OK I'll try to see if I can make up this particular kb I have with your program.

Comment

Hello David as promised I completed the fine tuning of the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard and added the multimedia keys as you suggested. After many trial and error I finally got all the keys in there right places. I sent an email and the files to you all for others to download and use. However if the email don't get to you or the Admin, here is another place I uploaded it so you can analyze it and post it. www.mediafire.com/?cwtje7dgs7cfyv5

Comment

Awesome David and thanks for posting the keyboard layout I sent you "www.passmark.com/download/keyboards.htm". I can't purchase the program at this present time but for using it for the trial period, I said to myself I'll at least contribute my layout for you all and others to use it.

Comment

Working...
              X