Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resetting the battery controller

Hello,

I have the following problem with my battery (UN251S1) in my Gericom Blockbuster notebook I'm using:

Although the battery status is "charging" the battery isn't charged physically. I read much about the smart battery electronic and came to the assumption that the built-in smart battery controller (TI bq2060) might have been set into an undefined state or into a sercurity state.

I'm looking for a possibility to send a reset command to the batterie controller via SMBus. Can you tell me if this is possible with your software or do you know any tools to communicate over the SMBus with the battery in order to reset the controller?

Thank you,

SR

This can not be done with our software. I would think that each battery controller is different in this regard and there is probably no software on the market that does what you want and works on a wide range of batteries. But this is only speculation. We haven't actually tried to write software that does this.

Also being chemical in nature and generally prone to failure, I would think there is a distinct possibility that the battery is legimately stuffed. Especially if older than a couple of years. If the PC is new, return it as faulty.

----
    David

Comment

Working...
    X