Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImageUSB - USB flash drive is not bootable or is in RAW format

Hello Mr,

I have ISO file with Win10 bootable OS and i need to apply Image on many USB flash drive. For this action is ImageUSB perfect solution.
    If i use ImageUSB for apply ISO to USB, imageing is complete without errors (MD5 is correct). But in OS i see unformated USB flash drive and file format is RAW.

So i found another way. I created bootable USB drive from ISO with Windows USB/DVD tool. With ImageUSB i created bin image an this image applied to another USB flash drive. YES USB flash drive is correct, formated as a NTFS and is visible in OS like standard DVD. But this USB is not bootable (not visible in boot menu).

Please do you have any idea how solve this issue?
    My ideas are exhausted.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!
    With regards
    Ivo Popelak

The current ImageUSB release will write an .ISO to USB, but it doesn't do a format conversion to the NTFS file system. So that explains the 1st part.

Was the initial USB drive bootable (after the " Windows USB/DVD tool", but before using ImageUSB?

Comment

Hi Im having the same issue.

I have a bootable windows 10 usb, in ntfs format made with rufus 3.0

I then create a imageusb bin file of the key and it creates it fine.

the after creating usb's with imageusb and the bin fine, it reports they were written fine but when plugged in they are raw

Comment

Are you sure the initial USB drive readable?
        Do you still have the log from Image USB?

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replay, the usb is bootable.

I dont have the log file as i changed to version 1.2 1006 and the usb creation is fine. only happens with 1.3 1006.

once ive done a batch ill get a log file for you

Comment

I have the same issue. When I want to put Windows 10 on multiple USB sticks at once the drives are no longer accessible or bootable. Windows will ask me if I want to format the drive when I plug the USB stick back in. any solutions?

Comment

I assume your starting point was a Win10 ISO.
              The current ImageUSB release will write an .ISO to USB, but it doesn't do a format conversion to the NTFS file system. So that explains message. You can't boot an ISO from a USB drive without doing a format conversion.

Comment

Hi,

I have somewhat the same issue using ImageUSB 1.4 Build 1003.

I have a bootable Windows 10 on a Compact Fash card. From this I have created an image file (bin).
                Then I wrote that image to an identical CF card - all went well (with verification) and the files on the drive looks correct.

However the new CF card cannot boot.

Any ideas?

--
                Werner

Comment

However the new CF card cannot boot.
                  Is this a Windows full installation? or a bootable solution such as WinPE? Maybe the system is recognizing the other compact flash card as different drive/volume id (or drive letter) and this may cause boot files missing as it can no longer locate them during startup.

Can you provide more details?
                  Is the card selectable as a boot device?
                  What does it show in BIOS? Also try disabling Fast Boot, fast boot uses a kind of hibernation techniques.
                  What is or is there a message on screen when booting?

Or boot from the Windows installation disc and try Repair your computer or Bootrec.exe.

Comment

Working...
                  X