Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to clone USB A -> USB B [A is 14.4gb, B is 14.3) how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to clone USB A -> USB B [A is 14.4gb, B is 14.3) how?

i want to clone USB A -> USB B [A is 14.4gb, B is 14.3) how?

any other way to do it?

im actually selling some stuff using many different random 16gb usb brand (scandisk, toshiba, kingston)

the usb contain so many multiple linux bootable os (created using winsetupfromusb)

the master image was created in 14.4gb size

some brand like scandisk, the size is only 14.3gb

i am too lazy to fresh start from beginning if want to clone new drive (it will take very loooong time)

my specific question is,

can i resize the sector? before cloning it to new drive?

*i bought 50pcs random brand 16gb usb

i tried set the master image to 12gb max size only (less is free space) , but it will clone whole drive

ImageUSB was to created to make an exact copy of a USB drive. So it copies everything, including slack space, unpartitioned space, boot sectors, master file tables. Everything.

So it makes sense to make the master copy the smallest drive you have available that will fit all the data you have.

Depending on how full the drive is and how fragmented the data is, you may be able to get a way with writing the larger image on to the smaller drive. Or if only the contents of the drive is what you are after (and not exact duplicate is needed), you can use File Explorer, and just copy and paste the contents to the drive.

Comment

Working...
    X