USB3 loopback command line application for Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB3 loopback command line application for Windows

Today we released a Windows command line tool to control the USB3 loopback plug.

The tool is known as USB3Console.

This is in additional to the full function Windows GUI tool. USB3Test

The command line tool only does USB Bulk transfer mode and only sends a constant 0xAA data stream. Output and test results goes to StdOut.

It can help for automation where the plug needs to be controls from 3rd party tools in a simple manner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	console_help.png Views:	1 Size:	248.2 KB ID:	43356
    Click image for larger version  Name:	console_test_results.png Views:	1 Size:	56.3 KB ID:	43357

Hi David,

I am trying to use this USB3Console for the USB3 loopback plug test, but when I tried with my script to alternate the speed between USB2 and USB3, In some plugs, there is this error:

Error: Failed to select speed. Enumerated at USB2 speed.

For my test, I need to test 4 ports with 4 USB3 loopback plugs and then alternate the speed between USB2 and USB3 on each of the port.
    And also, Is there any way to read the voltage with this console?

Thank you for the help

Comment

And also during the USB2 test with the console, the SN that sent through the command does not match with what tested.
      attach is the screen shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	603
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	43976

Attached Files

Comment

The error message "Failed to select speed" means you have selected a wrong speed. e.g. you have connected the plug into a USB2 port but trying to test at USB3 speed.
        For the issue of mismatch between serial numbers, please try the following build and let us know how it goes?
        https://www.passmark.com.au/ftp/USB3...e_1.0.1002.zip
        Also, In this new version we have added an option (-v) for reading the port voltage.

Comment

Hi Hamid,

The issue is fixed. But, during my test, if there is any USB Serial COM port exist (My hub has a cypress serial to uart chip), I will see this failure:

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	586
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	43989

Is this an expected behaviour? Because if I put the USB Serial COM port to another hub, all the test will be fine. (Is it possible to get the source code?)
          Thank you so much for the support

Comment

Can you run the command line with "-f" option before and after running the test and send us the screen shot from the console output?

Comment

Here is the screen shot:

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	572
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	43995

For the first step plug (PMU343ODZVA), I can run the test. But, all the other plug I will get the error message. Is the API or the driver using serial protocol?
              And also how long does it take for re-enumeration after changing the speed test?

Thank you.
              Attached Files

Comment

We made a few changes that may fix the problem. Can you try using the following build and let us know how it goes?
                https://www.passmark.com.au/ftp/USB3...e_1.0.1003.zip

Comment

Working...
                X