Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor test tool can't detect correct resolution on Intel platform

Hello

I need your help!! The latest monitor tool can't detect correct resolution on my platform with 4K monitor and WinBlue OS. my platform is Intel HSW/BDW as attached pics red box, the driver is the latest. who found this issue before? Is it the tool issue or other issue?
    BTW, will the tool be updated later? whether this tool support W8 & WinB? the official website has no update for new OS... need your reply asap~~~
    thank you so much!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BDW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	35159Click image for larger version

Name:	HSW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	35160
    Last edited by Margaret; Sep-16-2014, 08:05 AM. Reason: update tool phenomenon

MonitorTest is yet to be specifically updated to work properly in Windows8 but there is an easy workaround.

If you right click on the MonitorTest executable or shortcut, go to the properties, select the compatibility tab and make sure the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is checked then it should display the correct resolution.

This is because MonitorTest needs to inform Windows8 that it is capable of handling the DPI scaling itself, without this information Windows8 assumes it can't and automatically scales it (effectively by giving it false resolution and DPI information).

Comment

Working...
    X