Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCIe Test Card detected in Device manager, but still with a "yellow exclamation mark"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCIe Test Card detected in Device manager, but still with a "yellow exclamation mark"

Hi,

My PCIe Test Card is detected in Device manager, but still with a "yellow exclamation mark", and the device isn't detected the "PCIe Test".

There are also red leds on the device. Click image for larger version

Name:	542f9496-c1a7-4d92-8a24-7f2c7f3ac1d4.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	50893Click image for larger version

Name:	f87cf2e5-e45e-409a-a492-b60cb4c84874.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	50894Click image for larger version

Name:	2899d1ec-d50e-4a82-8b63-8fd71cbf0191.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	50892

I need some help, please
    Attached Files

Make sure you have installed the device drivers. The installation process is covered in the install guide. If Windows did not prompt you to install drivers, you can right click the device in device manager and choose Update Drivers and then browser to location on your system where you have them downloaded.

Some BIOS implementation allow enabling of a power management protocol named Active State Power Management(ASPM) which sends the card into low power mode before loading the operating system. Make sure Active State Power Management is disabled in BIOS.

There are also red leds on the device.
    The Molex/SATA power only needs to be connected if you wish to measure the +12V and +5V PSU rails. When not connected, you can expect the red 'Power Fail' and green 'Power' LEDs corresponding to these rails to be lit up and off, respectively.

Comment

Purchased the same exact card and having the same problem. Can somebody please help? Thank you.

Manually loaded Windows 10, 64 bit driver

pic1
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture pic1.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	50951

After completion of load received following error message
      pic 2

Name:	Capture pic 2.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	50952

Rebooted windows and examined Device Driver events, following was reported.
      pic3

Name:	Capture pic 4.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	50953

Comment

This sounds like a registry issue. Please remove (delete) the device driver and reinstall it.
        If the above didn't help, you may need to delete both upper and lower filters from the registry under Computer>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlS et>ControlClass>{2C821652-B4DC-4FFE-8BE6-EC699997DBD5}. It is recommended to create a registry backup first.
        Last edited by HamidK (PassMark); Jul-06-2021, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, tried uninstall / reload of driver followed by checking Device Manager. Device Manager looks like it installed the driver in system32 when I selected Windows 10 64bit driver (please see following). Is there a way to verify the 64 bit driver in the 64bit folder?

Can you please highlight what needs to be deleted from the registry? Thank you,

Name:	Capture DM Details tab screen shot.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	50966
          Attached Files

Comment

The system32 folder is the correct location for Drivers (even 64bit drivers). So it looks OK now.

32bit drivers will never install on a 64bit system.

Comment

Thank you for your response. Still have problem with driver and PCIe Test card, please see following. How can I fix this problem so I can start using the PCIe test card?

Name:	Capture DM PCIE CARD PROBLEM.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	50974

Comment

As your question is the same as the previous question, the answer is still the same.

What changed between the time it was working and not working? Or is this a whole different machine?

Comment

Thank you for your continued assistance, the issue I'm is that the driver loads but can't locate the card. This morning I removed all PCIe cards except the PASSMARK PCIe card and tried to update the driver, the following pictures document the problem.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

​ ​​

Comment

I am not sure how you inserted the images in that last post. But it didn't work. We can't see them.

Comment

​​Not sure what happened, performed the same process as before and previewed before post.

Pic 1

Name:	Capture pic1a.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	50988

Pic 2

Name:	Capture pic1b.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	50989

Pic 3

Name:	Capture pic 1c.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	50990

Comment

Please see previous post. When I attached this picture to the previous post it prevented creation of the preview, so I'm sending it on its own.

Name:	pic 1d.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	50992

Comment

What changed between the time it was working and not working? Or is this a whole different machine?

On this machine did you also try to uninstall / re-install the driver?

We are a bit confused here, as you posted a picture of it working.

Also that is a pretty funky looking PCIe back plane extension. What it is exactly?
                          Did you try the card directly on a motherboard PCIe slot? Maybe it is having problems communicating with the card via the back plane extension thing.

Comment

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Nothing has changed, this is the same machine. I have tried multiply times to Uninstall / Install the driver for the PCIe card. After each attempt / reboot the Yellow triangle with ! has been present. If you examine PIC2 on my first post (COMPLETING THE ADD HARDWARE WIZARD) it stated that the hardware is not working because Windows can not locate the drivers. I tried again to Uninstall / Install the driver, please see below screen shots for results. The PASSMARK PCIe card purchased has been installed in the PCIe connector being used with the working GPU to insure that the PCIe slot is good.

My funky looking PCIe back plane is a testbed I'm trying to setup for troubleshooting an older GPU. I'm using it to record signals present on a working GPU so I can troubleshoot a defective GPU.

pic 2a

Name:	Capture pic 2a.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	51001

pic 2b

Name:	Capture pic 2b.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	51002

Comment

Please follow the below procedure to delete and reinstall the driver.
                              1- Uninstall (delete) the driver
                              2- Delete the following folder from the registry (see the attached screenshot).
                              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Contro l>Class>{2C821652-B4DC-4FFE-8BE6-EC699997DBD5}. It is recommended to create a registry backup first.
                              3- Reboot the machine
                              4- Install the device driver

The PASSMARK PCIe card purchased has been installed in the PCIe connector being used with the working GPU to insure that the PCIe slot is good
                              This doesn't really make it any clearer about what slot was used.
                              Did you try the card directly on a motherboard PCIe slot? Maybe it is having problems communicating with the card via the back plane extension.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X