ImageUSB: New features request!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImageUSB: New features request!

ImageUSB is a great tool! It would be even more useful with the following features, listed in order of importance...

1. command line mode: allow an imaging operation to be executed according to command line parameters (for easy pre-configured operations in a script or shortcut)

2. "verify" operation: basically what is already done according to the "Post Image Verification", but as a distinct mode. "Step 3" would select the file to compare the device(s) to.

Thank you!!!

As it is a free tool we generally only add what features we make use of in house or there is a big demand for.
    But we'd be happy to give you a quote on doing custom development.

I think there would be a lot of danger in doing an automated command line. People are already accidentally wiping their hard drives, despite two warning messages.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Understood... about the justification for new features. I didn't mean to sound demanding. It was a suggestion/request.

I agree the command-line mode would be an admin/advanced level feature, but consider that people interested in that feature will likely know what they are doing.

OK, what about this as a compromise... (perhaps your usage might find this useful, and thus justifiable)... command-line options to pre-set the runtime GUI options. So, for example...

Code:
      imageusb.exe -a -w -v -b -f"C:\images\myimage.bin"

-a   = "Select All"
      -w   = "Write Image to USB drive"
      -v   = "Post Image Verification"
      -b   = "Beep on Completion"
      -f   = path to image file
      Then the imageUSB windows would open normally, but with these specified options selected, and the user could simply verify and then press "Write" in imageUSB's Step 4 to start the operation. (or "Create", "Zero", "Reformat" ... depending on the selected action)

That would be useful, yes? And no more dangerous than how it is now, right?

Thanks for your time, and consideration!
      Last edited by GrojGuy; Dec-01-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X