Firmware updater Not Detecting USB Power Delivery Tester PM110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware updater Not Detecting USB Power Delivery Tester PM110

Hi I have been to trying to update the Firmware on my USB Power Delivery Tester to the latest version.
    Model : PM110

Current Firmware Version : 2.1

Howeever when I run the Firmware Updater Exe File it gives following message.

Can you please help on this ??
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	76
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	56456

Views:	47
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	56457​​

Hi,

This can happen when another application is open and connected to the device (such as our Windows Test Application) and so another application can not connect to the PM110 even though it is connected to the PC. This is because you can't have a device be connected to two different applications on a PC at the same time.

To solve the issue make sure no other application is open and connected to the PM110 before running the firmware updater tool and then it should connect. The easiest way to ensure no other application is open is to restart your PC and then run the firmware updater tool as the first thing you do when the PC turns back on.

If that doesn't solve the issue then you could you please try connect it to the USB Power Delivery Tester Windows Application and let me know if it is able to successfully connect to that.

Comment

Hi ,
      I tried updating the Firmware After Restarting the PC it shows the same error message " No Passmark USB Power Delivery Tester Device Detected ".

I tried connecting the Tester App - here is the screenshot - it seems it is not able to connect with the device. I tried this on different PCs with USB 3.0 Port as well as USB 2.0 Ports.

Can you please help on this...

Views:	37
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	56491

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the extra information about the problem, I'm fairly sure I know what is causing this now.

Any firmware version older than V2.4 on the PM110 is not compatible with the current version of the software (A minor change had to be made to the low level API at some point which caused this). To solve the issue, you will have to update the PM110 to V2.4 first, then it will be compatible with the software and from there it will be possible to use the latest firmware updater tool to get the latest firmware version.

There is a download link to get the V2.4 firmware updater tool on the FAQ page for the USB Power Delivery Tester under the question "The USBPDTest Software detects my device but can not connect?" or you can use this link to download it: https://www.passmark.com/downloads/U...pdater_2.4.zip

Comment

Working...
        X