Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyboard questions

Hi.

So a while back my keyboard had liquid spillage and basically it stopped working. I've been using an external keyboard since, though recently there seemed to be jammed keys. I used the KeyboardTest to find out which keys were stuck and it displayed a "Power" key being pressed, with windows key code 255 (0xff). It doesn't register on the visual representation of the keyboard though, so can anyone help me identify what key is it?

Thanks.

I assume you have a laptop, but have given up using the integrated keyboard and the problem you are having is with the external keyboard.

It isn't worth trying to fix an external keyboard, just get a new one for $15.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      I assume you have a laptop, but have given up using the integrated keyboard and the problem you are having is with the external keyboard.

It isn't worth trying to fix an external keyboard, just get a new one for $15.
      Sorry, should have stated it clearly. The internal keyboard has been causing the issues.

Is there any way I could disable the internal keyboard?

Comment

Without disassembling the laptop I don't know of anyway to disable an internal Keyboard.

Comment

Working...
        X