Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery problem

Good morning everyone

I have a Dell inspiron 1000 notebook. I have recently purchased a new battery because the older one lost its charge after a short while.
    The old battery was a 9.6 volt NI MH type.
    My new one is 14.8volt Lithium ion. My problem is that I can not get the new battery to charge. I have run battery mon software which is good, and got the following result.....
    voltage 19.34
    charge rate 0 MW
    status charging

When the computer was starting I pressed F2 and went into battery managment, computer learning section, this is recorded at 100%.I wonder is it possible that the computer thinks the battery is charged to 100% and that is the reason it will not charge ?

Battery mon gives a reading of 19.34 volts, i understand that means 19.34 volts at the battery terminal,
    It is a new battery and don't want to jump to the conclusion that it is faulty yet.

I did run battery mon on the onder battery and seemed to get good results, 9.6 volt battery.
    voltage 12.3 volts
    charge rate 1955 mw this varied as the old battery charged.

I also checked the driver for the battery, ie update driver and it came back as ok.

Any advice

Thank you
    Seamus

I don't want to jump to conclusions either but,

1) Are you sure the battery is compatible with this notebook? Is it a Dell battery or a no name after market replacement? Using the wrong battery can be bad for your PC. I assume you have read some of the recent exploding batteries stories? (do a search on Google if not)

2) I assume you are sure the battery is not fully charged when you are trying to charge it.

3) The bottom line is that if the battery goes flat and doesn't charge, it is either faulty or the wrong battery for the notebook.

Comment

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply.
      The orignal battery is Dell branded, but the name Sayno comes up under battery info.
      The new battery is an unbranded version, but panasonic comes up in the battery info.
      The reason I suspect the battery is not charged is the laptop will not work without the electric mains. Under battery info it says charging , but 0% left. In the setup battery option at startup, it says the battery is at 100%.

I don't know if the new battery is compatable, the sales man said it was, but how would he know.

I have heard about the exploding batteries, buy the Dell website do not include my battery. Unless they change their mind

Seamus

Comment

inspiron 1000 and panasonic CL3701

I have the same problem, I bought the same battery and I thought is broken so I sent it back, then I got the new one, the same model as previous one and still the same situation. Did anyone managed to make it work?

Any information might be helpful

Comment

Working...
        X